Puddleducks Day Nursery reopens!
We are delighted to announce that our city centre based day nursery has reopened and we have implemented a range of measures that will keep all our children, you their family and our team safe and well.
We are complying with all the guidelines to protect the health and safety of everyone in our Puddleducks family. And, like everything we do…we will also do a little extra!
By way of an overview of some of the steps and initiatives that have been introduced, these have included:
• The whole building has been sanitised in all areas.
• We have had the majority of the building interior repainted.
• All rooms in Puddleducks have undergone deep cleaning with industrial steamer and sanitised.
• Going forward, we will be using an Electrostatic sprayer for surface sanitisation, in conjunction with a certified product (Crebisol).
• We will install mats at each entrance with sanitisation fluid.
• Extra signage will be displayed e.g. floor markings, designated areas etc
• There will be increased hand sanitisation points throughout the building and at all entrances.
• There will be a different entrance to the building depending on the room your child is in.
• We are maximising the use of the Grosvenor Hall.
• We have removed the carpet in the Goslings room and replaced with an easy clean surface
• We have increased laundry capacity by a third
• Any toys/equipment which are not ‘wipe clean’ have been put into storage for now
• Staff have received additional infection control training.
• New Pedal bins have replaced push lid bins in each room
• We are considering a pick up/drop off area to restrict parents/carers coming into Puddleducks
• Throughout the day staff will carry out additional cleaning and sanitisation
• We continue to have a regular contract cleaning firm. Each of this team have completed COSHH training and have been introduced to our procured list of cleaning/sanitizing products.
• If a parent needs to meet to talk to staff we have allocated spaces outside Puddleducks on the third floor of the building.
• We have certified chemicals and methods that have been tried and tested within other projects of BCM, specifically Kirk House (Residential Care Home for older people)
• We will continue to implement any additional advice from external sources and as a result of regular checks/ audits from our Health and Safety officer.
• Non-contact temperature checks will be taken for every child and staff member before they come into Puddleducks.
As always, your child’s health, safety and wellbeing remains our priority and we will ensure that your child will have every opportunity to engage in play, learning, and fun, while in an environment that is safe, nurturing and supports all aspects of their development.
Due to restrictions on our numbers, we have very limited availability. If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us directly on 02890260856.